May 6, 2009

Curtains, Feedback needed

One of the first things I did when we arrived was borrow Angie’s sewing machine and make some curtains for our bedroom window out of a white sheet.
My good Curtains
I am pretty proud of them, but they seem a bit plain. So I’m taking suggestions for what to do with them. I have a ton of ideas but am limited in resources (mostly because I don’t know the words to ask for most things).
They have to be able to close and open easily, because our bedroom window faces the parking lot but it is our only window and I like to have the light.
Maybe I should paint something on them, or find some colored thread and stitch some pattern or other on them. I just can’t get an idea that works for me. The best I’ve got is making a series of multi colored button holes and threading the ties through them instead of around. What do you think? Should I just leave them plain?

5 comments:

Miss Brenda said...

Love the button hole idea. Plus it is your idea. Always good to strectch your own creativity. Curtains look good. Love you

Brenda's Man said...

Listen to your mother and follow your ideas. She is the smartest woman I know and she is a big part of who you are - that's a very good thing! She is also more beautiful than words can express - be very glad you look (and live)like her. I love you always.

AmiDawn said...

i agree with mom... the buttonholes would be precious. and if you could find some colorful buttons to put along the bottom maybe...

Miss Brenda said...

Oh!Oh! Love the colorful buttons along the bottom. I would send you some from my button cans, but I need them all. Okay, I could part with a few. For you. Maybe you could have a 'Send a button" contest. Or find wonderful European buttons. Oh, I love buttons.

Abi said...

I am simply gleaning wisdom from those more talented than I since I will be making curtains in the near future. I think your buttons sound wonderful and look forward to seeing how they turn out. :)
P.S. Pictures of your place would be appreciated on this side of the pond.

Post a Comment