October 10, 2011

Oh What a Beautiful Morning

I refrained from singing songs from Oklahoma! at the top of my lungs this morning since other people were still in bed at 7 AM. I took a photo of the sun rising over the field instead.


All the sounds of the earth are like music
All the sounds of the earth are like music
The breeze is so busy it don't miss a tree
And a old weeping willer is laughing at me

Oh, what a beautiful MORning
Oh, what a beautiful day.
I've got a beautiful FEELing
EVerything's GOin' my way.

It continued on from there.   OK LA HOMA! where the winds go whippin' down the plains.... OOOH the Farmer and the cowman should be friends..... People will say we're in love..... Poor Jud is Dead a candle lights his head...... Ev'rything's up  to date in Kansas City..... I'm just a girl who Caint say no....

I am still humming about a little surrey with a fringe on top :) - and now you will be too hahaha!

In my mind all these songs come with a bouncing ball. Weird things happen when all your childhood musicals were on VHS recorded from TV singalongs....

1 comment:

Abi said...

It still amazes me that people don't know ALL the words to songs like that... Can't wait to view a 'Beautiful Morning' with you in like 4 days! :)

Post a Comment