March 18, 2011

February

So, have you noticed that my monthly wrap-up posts get later and later into the next month?

February was a snowy but really beautiful month. I took a ton of sunset photos. Compulsively. For about a week I kept running outside with my camera instead of finishing making dinner. I plan to post a bunch of them someday but here's a taste. This was taken out the kitchen window.
I finished my scarf in time for spring and did actually start my hat, but no real hat photos yet. Maybe a WIP post will come later in March. Look how good the scarf looks with both my winter coats. (these colors are way off :/ that is my new favorite emoticon) I have not crocheted any snowflakes yet.
I fell in love with this Primrose on one of the trips to Home Depot. It was less than a dollar and I really needed some sunshine in my life. February is a month without enough sunshine. I haven't killed it yet.

Micah started building his second boat. The clothespins (and frequent affirmation) are the entirety of my contribution. The boat deserves it's own post but I'm waiting until it is all together. I think there are only a few strips left to go before he can start fiberglassing. I'll post pictures once it doesn't have a hole in the bottom any more. It's going to be stunning.


There was something beautiful to me about the light and shadows and reflections. I just wanted to share it with you. (Micah made the concrete counter-top back in the fall, it has bits of ale-8 bottles broken up in it. This isn't the best picture of it.)

I don't have any deep thoughts to sum up February. I am still wondering how something that felt like it was dragging on forever could disappear so quickly.

4 comments:

Abi said...

You live in a great place. :)

Miss Brenda said...

Things to do in March: Blog more often. Correct blogspot spelling in Miss Brenda's link.
A boat? A concrete countertop? You are married to an amazing man.

Abi said...

Hey why does my blog link take me to some end of the world- do you know your future Bible page? Not that I'm not for people finding out their future but...

Anastasia said...

links Fixed...now if the internet at home would work, i could post the posts I have in my head.

Post a Comment