I made two lists on note cards. (I have a note card addiction.)
The first list I wrote is more about the person I want to be in 2011. It's pretty self explanatory I guess. Some of these will lead to others and overlap - I'm a complex person. It's not in any order.
I guess the second card is a bit more like my "real" resolutions (they're not in any order either):
- Memorize Philippians. There are 104 verses in Philippians. May 20th is the 140th day of the year. I started today the 55th day of the year. The original plan was to do a verse a day, but I'm playing catch up - today: Philippians 1:1-2 (ESV). Feel free to ask me to quote what I have so far next time we talk. (Also, by the time I'm done I hope to be able to spell Philippians. I always want to double the L's.)
- Crochet 26 snowflakes and angel. 26 snowflakes and one angel for the top of my Christmas tree. This includes pinning and starching them too. I'm hoping my mom will find the pattern she used for the angel on her tree, and send it to me. Any other angel looks "wrong". I found a pattern that I thought might do this past Christmas, but she ended up about 4 inches tall. I'm blaming the pattern. She looked silly on top of the tree, so we just had a bow this year. It felt wrong. Next year I want snowflakes and an angel. 26 is half of 52 weeks, Monday is the start of week 9. I'm behind 4.5 snowflakes.
- Post 180 times on Blog. I have no clue where I came up with 180. (I think it may have had to do with sloppy math - 365 divided by 2.) Currently I'm on track to post about 66 times. I need to pick this up. I need to be more interesting (and possibly lower my standards.)
- Complete 100 Push ups and 100 Sit ups. I'm a sucker for a program and I am a scrawny wuss. Plus I envy Michelle Obama's arms... Technically the sit up program is 200, but I would get bored counting halfway through anyway.
- Sort Recipes, Articles, Project ideas and create a file architecture. I download things to save for later. Later never comes, my hard drives fill up, and I can never find the things I really want. Web Feather fits into the solution somewhere here. As does the self discipline to start. (And the ability to convince myself that I will never sew an 8 foot squid. And I'll probably not knit the mittens that look like hedgehogs either.) This is a later in the year project. (I can not spell recipes without spell-check an extra "I" always pops in somewhere.)
- Read Through the Bible. I use the Daily Audio Bible reading plan. Today should be Leviticus 15, Psalm 40, Proverbs 10 and Mark 7. I just finished Genesis on Tuesday and have plans to finish Exodus tonight. Next week I'll catch up on Psalms, Proverbs and the NT.
- Complete BBE MkII. The Big Book of Everything, a sort of master document filled with all of the information anyone could possibly need to know about your life. Basically the kind of info that you want all in one place to save time searching when you need it especially in an emergency. we move around so much that all this information is scattered through a thousand notebooks and folders and scribbled on the backs of notecards. By the end of 2011 I want to have it all in one place.
- Stick to a budget. We'll start in March by actually making a budget. :/ (this is my new favorite emoticon)
- Build and Maintain routines. I function so much better when I have defined routines, schedules and to-do lists. Call it a weakness if you want, but it's what I need. I'm inching along here. Actually I'm furthest on this than any of the others but like i said, it's what helps me be able to actually function and get to the other things.
Additional Resources I'm using in case you want to play along (you're not behind and if you start most of these today, you will be ahead!):
Memorize Philippians - An Approach to Extended Memorization of Scripture | Dr. Andrew M. Davis (PDF)
Squid Pillow that I'm not making
Cutest hedgehog mittens EVER!
Daily Audio Bible
reading plan (PDF)
Big Book of Everything