July 6, 2006

The Rose

it's only a tiny rosebud, a flower of God's design
But I can't unfold the petals with these clumsy hands of mine
Shy
The secret of unfolding flowers is not known to such as I
The flower God opens so sweetly in my hands would fade and die
new buds
If I cannot unfold a rosebud this flower of God's design
Then how can I think i have wisdom to unfold this life of mine?
Rose
So I'll trust in Him for his leading each moment of every day
And I'll look to Him for guidance each step of the pilgram way
From Above
For the pathway that lies before me, my Heavenly Father knows
I'll trust Him to unfold the moments, just as He unfolds the rose.
Rose

I got this poem in a frame as a HS graduation gift from Linda. It has sat on my desk for the past 5 years as a reminder that I need to trust Him. I need to be reminded a lot.

PS If i get enough comments i'll tell you all the story of how i aquired this rose bush as a direct result of a summer storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment